About the Organization
Concordia University Television (CUTV) is Canada’s oldest student TV station and operates as a non-profit fee-levy organization. CUTV is a hub for independent media production and growing alternative media institutions. The core of CUTV’s mandate is to train and build a network of mutually supportive independent journalists and media producers. Through educational events, workshops, and equipment lending, CUTV aims to connect the community and empower the next generation of journalists. Learn more at www.cutvmontreal.org/
About the position
The Finance Coordinator is expected to work collaboratively with CUTV and its partners to advance the financial position of its additional projects. Although the core of this position is bookkeeping and financial administration tasks, the desired applicant should also have exceptional leadership skills and value alignment with CUTV’s mission.
- Weekly expense processing and data entry into accounting system
- Monthly account reconciliations and financial statement production
- Coordinate account payables and receivables
- While ensuring accurate digital records for year-end audit trail
- Coordinate and execute payroll:
- Including production of ROE, T4, T4A and RL1 slips
- While ensuring accountability through overseeing staff timesheets
- Financial Liaison:
- Acts as liaison to Concordia’s internal financial services department as well as banks and other holding accounts such as paypal.
- Support grant application submissions and processes with financial information as needed.
- Coordinate with the organizations third party accounting firm produce the year-end financial statement review/audit
- Financial Oversight:
- Ensure the organization’s accounts have adequate cash flow for their operations through coordinating bank deposits and transfers as needed.
- Provide financial information as needed to the staff and board
- Evaluate the financial sustainability and wellbeing of the organization and propose solutions as needed.
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping and/or financial management experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- French proficiency (for government and bank documents)
- Excellent computer knowledge and experience with microsoft suite and google drive
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative
Additional beneficial experiences
- Experience with non-profit accounting standards
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and accounting softwares
- Familiarity with Concordia university
- Passion for community-building and independent media
$22-$25 per hour at 20 hours per week (depending on experience)
This position is entitled to CUTV’s group health insurance plan
Four weeks of paid vacation (two weeks over the University winter closure and two weeks taken at a time of your choosing)
Reporting to the Board of Directors and Executive Director. Please submit your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 16th, 2021